Thanks for considering us to do the work in your home. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We thought we'd take the chance to tell you a bit about what you can expect.
1. Having work done on your home can be compared to "major surgery." It's not something you do regularly, and you probably have concerns about what's going to happen. We'll go over the details of the actual installation with you further and in person before we start the work. Most of all, we want you to be comfortable with us.
2. We promise not to arrive at your home before 8 AM. We realize that you have to get your family off to school and to work. We promise to work around and respect your schedule. After all, you're the customer.
3. When we do arrive at your home, we're not going to make much noise that might disturb your neighbors. We won't start unloading equipment and dropping it in the street. We won't shout at each other, and we won't play loud music on the truck's radio.
4. We also want you to know that we keep our vehicles in top shape. You won't be hearing a loud muffler first thing in the morning. We'll be as quiet as can be. Promise!
5. We won't park in your driveway without your permission. We recognize that your driveway is your personal space, and we respect that. If we park in the street, we'll make sure that we don't leave any dangerous tools or equipment lying around to present a hazard to your children or your neighbors' children.
6. If we have to carry out old equipment or trash, we'll wrap it in plastic first to ensure no debris winds up on your floors. We'll take great care if we have to move any furniture out of the way to get equipment in and out of your home. And we'll wipe our feet and make sure we don't track in mud.
7. We will have full liability and comprehensive insurance coverage when we show up to work at your home; if one of our employees gets injured while on your property, it will not affect your homeowner's insurance policy. Should we accidentally damage your property (it hasn't happened yet!), we want you to know that our insurance will cover up to two million dollars. We are a responsible company.
8. Our professional licenses will be current.
9. None of our people will wander into parts of your home where they have no business being.
10. We have a no-tobacco policy in our company. You can rest assured that none of our people will be smoking or chewing tobacco either in your home or anywhere on your property.
11. We also have an alcohol-free policy in our company. None of our people will be drinking beer or any other alcoholic beverage during the day – whether they're in your home or away on a lunch break.
12. We won't use your bathroom without your permission. We recognize your personal space. If you should decide to permit us to use your bathroom, we can assure you that we will leave it as clean as we found it.
13. And we promise not to use your hand towels. We furnish all our employees with hand cleaner and paper towels. They won't leave a mess.
14. We won't use your glassware to get a drink of water. Our employees will bring their beverages with them, and they won't leave their empty bottles lying around during the job. We like to keep our work area as neat as possible.
15. We'll be planning your job carefully to ensure that your water, heat, and electricity will be off for the shortest possible time, of course. No one wants to be inconvenienced. We recognize that, and we'll plan accordingly.
15. We promise that our employees will not be receiving any personal calls on your home phone during the time they're on your job. It's your phone, not ours. We understand and respect that.
16. We will not use foul language in your home even if we drop something heavy on our toes! We make it our policy to treat your family members with the same respect we would expect others to show toward our family members.
17. If you have a family pet, we promise to be careful when we go back and forth to our truck. Many of our people own dogs and cats, and we know how quickly a pet can dart out the door. We're sensitive to that, and we'll take great care as we come and go.
18. When done working, we'll clean up thoroughly and to your satisfaction. We'll go over the job with you and make sure you're happy with our work. We'll take all our trash with us when we leave. If any debris has scrap value, we'll ask your permission before removing it from the job. We won't leave any of our refuse in your trashcans.
All in all, we're going to treat you with the respect you deserve. You, after all, are the customer! Thanks again for your consideration.
We look forward to serving you.